THE NATIONAL ACADEMY OF TELEVISION ARTS & SCIENCES
51st Annual Northern California Area Emmy® Awards 2021-2022
ENTRY DEADLINE – FRIDAY, JANUARY 14, 2022
LINK TO DOWNLOAD CALL FOR ENTRIES -COMPLETE
LINK TO DOWNLOAD CALL FOR ENTRIES – RULES
LINK TO DOWNLOAD CALL FOR ENTRIES – CATEGORIES -ENGLISH
LINK TO DOWNLOAD CALL FOR ENTRIES – CATEGORIES -SPANISH
LINK TO DOWNLOAD GLOSSERY OF TERMS
LINK TO DOWNLOAD REMINDER NOTES
Entry form is on your Emmy Express Dashboard. You need to be a registered user or member to access. EMMYEXPRESS LINK
New: Click ‘SIGN UP’ then MEMBER ACCOUNT or GUEST ACCOUNT, fill in form.
SAVE THE DATE:
NOMINATIOINS ANNOUNCED – WEDNESDAY, MAY 11, 2022, 8AM
EMMY® 2022 GALA – SATURDAY, JUNE 11, 2022 SF HILTON
1. Read the rules & instructions – You are responsible to follow ALL rules and instructions.
2. Separate categories for English & Spanish – 1-41 English; 51-79 Spanish
3. Entry Form: Please use Upper and Lower Case when filling out your entry form and membership application. The name you use on your membership application will show on your entry forms.
4. Producers should be the primary entrants for categories except Overall Excellence & Crafts.. Qualified others may be eligible if their contributions are significant to the entry’s award-worthiness.
NOTE: The duties of the newscast producer (the person producing the overall newscast) are generally understood industry-wide and are not outlined here.
This description is meant to define duties associated with producers of specific content within a newscast or program, as well as producers of short/long form content, programs, promos, branded and other eligible content distributed on various platforms.
To be listed on an entry as “Producer” an entrant must perform the majority of the following producer duties:
a. Serving as an “overseer” of the content, determining the overall tone, structure, look, sound, and mission of the content.
b. Making strategic editorial decisions that have a significant impact on the resulting content.
c. Identifying interview subjects and shoot locations.
d. Scheduling interviews, shoots, and edits.
e. Writing and/or approving scripts.
f. Formulating ideas for graphics/animations and working with designers through completion.
g. Working with editors to assure the content meets expectations and overseeing necessary changes.
h. For studio-based programs or content, the producer would generally fulfill much of the above and/or oversee control room decisions, timing, etc.
5. In the event that the number of entries in a category falls below a range of four (4) to nine (9), Chapters have the option of eliminating or merging the category with another. If a category is merged, entrants would have the option of dropping out of the competition and receiving a refund of their entry fees.
6. Entry Quota: There is a maximum quota of 12 eligible names allowed per entry without further written permission. Any additional names will require a written request from the primary entrant detailing how the additional entrants specifically contributed to the Emmy®-worthiness of the entry. If approved, ALL entrants in the entry will be charged a $25 processing fee.
7. Judging Requirement: By entering, all entrants agree to be peer judges for categories submitted from other NATAS chapters. Members who do not judge within a 24-month period will forfeit their member discount and will be required to pay the full non-member Emmy® entry fee for each entry they submit until they serve as a judge.
8. Video Upload: The person filling out the entry form is responsible for the video upload.
9. Deadline: A $25 processing fee will be added to all fees not paid by the end of the grace period.
10. Montages: No Montages are allowed. Segments must be separated by one to two seconds of black.
11. Composites: Entry form now requires (Title, Air Date, & TRT) for all composites. Must be edited into one entry with two seconds of black between segments. (MAXIMUM SEGMENTS FIVE)
12. Double-Dipping: No single entry may be submitted in its entirety in more than one programming category. An entrant cannot enter the same content in more than one category.
13. Appropriate Categories For Content: Content must be entered in appropriate categories. For instance, an investigative report cannot be entered in the Lifestyle category, nor can a sports report be entered in Arts and Entertainment. The Awards Committee has the authority to disqualify or move an entry submitted in an inappropriate category.
14. Category Changes: You may change the category of an entry until Friday, January 28, 2022. There is a $25 processing fee.
15. Refunds: All Refunds are subject to a $25 processing fee.
16. Video Uploads: If your video does not upload on the first try you must logout and click the “Clear Session” button on the login screen.
17. Paying Fees: Address may default to your station address, you need to change it to your Credit Card billing address.
Need help / Questions: firstname.lastname@example.org 650-341-7786