THE NATIONAL ACADEMY OF TELEVISION ARTS & SCIENCES
53rd Annual Northern California Area Emmy® Awards 2023-2024
ENTRY DEADLINE – FRIDAY, JANUARY 12, 2024
LINK TO DOWNLOAD CALL FOR ENTRIES -COMPLETE
LINK TO DOWNLOAD CALL FOR ENTRIES – RULES
LINK TO DOWNLOAD CALL FOR ENTRIES – CATEGORIES -ENGLISH
LINK TO DOWNLOAD CALL FOR ENTRIES – CATEGORIES -SPANISH
LINK TO DOWNLOAD GLOSSERY OF TERMS
LINK TO DOWNLOAD REMINDER NOTES
All links ae also on your Emmy Express Dashboard – left column – Resources
Entry form is on your Emmy Express Dashboard. You need to be a registered user or member to access. EMMYEXPRESS LINK
New: Click ‘SIGN UP’ then MEMBER ACCOUNT or GUEST ACCOUNT, fill in form.
CALL FOR ENTRIES CHANGES FOR 2023-2024
Category 10 Crime/Justice – News Single Shift (NEW)
Category 14 Business/Consumer (Category split short/Long form)
Category 23 Informational/Instructional (Long form deleted)
Category 29 Science/Technology (Category split short/Long form)
Category 32 Sports – One-Time Special or Live Sporting Event/Game (NEW)
Category 35 Promotion (New Sub-Categories)
A – News
B – Non-News ot Sports
Category 39 Director (New sub categories)
B – Post Production
Category 57 Crime/Justice-Spanish ( News Single Shift) (NEW)
Category 58 Investigative-Spanish (NEW)
Category 73 Talent (New Sub-Categories)
A – Anchor
B – Weather or Sports
C – Reporter
What you should have in hand to start your entries:
Ø Title of Entry
Ø Submitting Organization (Your company)
Ø Submitter (May be you, BUT does not need be an entrant)
Ø Entrants: Individual(s) considered most responsible for entry. Include the proper name (as would appear on an award), job title, phone, and email for each entrant.
Ø Date Entry first aired (format 2022-09-15)
Ø Length of Entry
Ø Station/URL where the entry first aired
Ø Description/Précis (Not required but suggested)
Ø Entry Video (Videos can be uploaded later. See deadline requirement)
Ø Credit Card for Payment (See payment deadlines)
For best quality, encode your video at its original size
920x1080p or 1280x720p is recommended. Your video should be at least 720×480
Do NOT letterbox your video
PREFERRED FILE FORMAT: MP4 using H.264 video codec and AAC audio codec
Supported File Formats
The system supports nearly any format for uploading including:
MP4, WMV, MOV*, 3GP, AVI, FLV
*Some MOV files contain additional features like edit lists that often result in audio-video sync issues.
Eligibility Period: All entries must have been originally distributed in the eligibility area during the awards year, January 1 through December 31, 2022.
English/Spanish Language Entries: English and Spanish Language entries are separated per category and judged, scored and awarded individually.
SAVE THE DATE:
NOMINATIOINS ANNOUNCED – WEDNESDAY, MAY 15, 2024, 8AM
EMMY® 2024 GALA – SATURDAY, JUNE 15, 2024, SF HILTON
- The entry and payment process is on your Emmy Express Dashboard https://emmyexpress.com/membership_login/#/7
Reminder: You must pay your 2024 Membership dues to receiver the member discount.
If you are not a member – Join! Or create a guest account to enter as a non-member
- Read the rules & instructions – You are responsible to follow ALL rules and instructions.
- Separate categories for English & Spanish – 1-44 English; 51-75 Spanish
- Entry Form: Please use Upper and Lower Case when filling out your entry form and membership application. The name you use on your membership application will show on your entry forms.
- Producer – See Glossary of Terms
- In the event that the number of entries in a category falls below a range of four (4) to nine (9), Chapters have the option of eliminating or merging the category with another. If a category is merged, entrants would have the option of dropping out of the competition and receiving a refund of their entry fees.
- Entry Quota: There is a maximum quota of 12 eligible names allowed per entry without further written permission. Any additional names will require a written request from the primary entrant detailing how the additional entrants specifically contributed to the Emmy®-worthiness of the entry. If approved, ALL entrants in the entry will be charged a $25 processing fee.
- Judging Requirement: By entering, all entrants agree to be peer judges for categories submitted from other NATAS chapters. Members who do not judge within a 24-month period will forfeit their member discount and will be required to pay the full non-member Emmy® entry fee for each entry they submit until they serve as a judge.
- Video Upload: The person filling out the entry form is responsible for the video upload.
- Deadline: A $25 processing fee will be added to all fees not paid by the end of the grace period.
- Montages: No Montages are allowed. Segments must be separated by one to two seconds of black.
- Composites: Entry form now requires (Title, Air Date, & TRT) for all composites. Must be edited into one entry with two seconds of black between segments. (MAXIMUM SEGMENTS FIVE)
- Double-Dipping: No single entry may be submitted in its entirety in more than one programming category. An entrant cannot enter the same content in more than one category.
- Appropriate Categories For Content: Content must be entered in appropriate categories. For instance, an investigative report cannot be entered in the Lifestyle category, nor can a sports report be entered in Arts and Entertainment. The Awards Committee has the authority to disqualify or move an entry submitted in an inappropriate category.
- Category Changes: You may change the category of an entry until Friday, January 26, 2022. There is a $25 processing fee.
- Refunds: All Refunds are subject to a $25 processing fee.
- Video Uploads: If your video does not upload on the first try you must logout and click the “Clear Session” button on the login screen.
- Paying Fees: Address may default to your station address, you need to change it to your Credit Card billing address.
- Call for Entries Changes for 2024-2025:
Requests for change to the Call for Entries i.e., adding or deleting categories, rules and definitions must be submitted to the Awards Committee by July 1, 2024. E-mail: email@example.com