Off Camera Blog Style Guide
Blogs are published throughout the month by WordPress admins.
If you are submitting content, please allow one week for review and a response.
Members receive an EMAIL at the beginning of the month to announce when the new Off Camera blogs are available online.
Past issues of the monthly newsletter are accessible on the Membership page – look on the left-hand column for link.
Editor: Larena Baldazo, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
– Send articles and photos by email attachments to: email@example.com
– Word format document (.docx)
– Type Size: 12 pt.
– Font: Helvetica
– NO Paragraph Indention – blank line between paragraphs.
– Single spacing
– Live Link(s) for further information included, especially links on our site.
– Call to Action, usually a link or email to follow up on the article topic.
– Word Count Limit: 400-750 (unless approved otherwise for longer stories)
– Associated Press Stylebook rules (www.apstylebook.com)
Additional Specifications for Story Submissions
– “Emmy” word usage: Every use of the word “Emmy” must include the registered trademark symbol ® following it. For example, Emmy® Awards. Including headlines and captions.
– “Emmy” is an adjective and should always be followed by a noun.
Correct: Emmy® Awards (describing the event, first reference)
Incorrect: The Emmy’s
– Gold & Silver Circle – italicized, Example: Gold & Silver Circle Induction Luncheon
– Off Camera – italicized. Example: Off Camera newsletter
– Chapter Reference: When referring to our Chapter in the first reference, spell out “The San Francisco/Northern California Chapter of The National Academy of Television Arts & Sciences.” (Avoid this in the first paragraph of the article if possible, since first graph is the story “teaser” in the Newsletter Index; takes up lots of space). On subsequent references in the same story, refer to the Chapter as “the Chapter.”
– Names of Individuals: Any name in a story, first and last name, mentioned in first reference must be bold. Subsequent references, refer to the person by last name only and not in bold; do not refer to a person by first name in subsequent references.
– Headline suggestion submitted with your article or contribution is appreciated. First letter of each word in the headline is usually capitalized. Not too lengthy (headline becomes the URL for the story).
– Byline: Name [next line] Title or Affiliation – in bold.
– Attached in an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
– Provide caption information with submitted photograph (noted in article OK)
– Provide photo credit
– 300 dpi
If you are a WordPress admin and need to create a blog post: Log in and click POSTS in the left column. You will find a “blog post template” CLONE. From here, revise your title and URL. Add a featured image, save. Edit in ELEMENTOR. Revise the existing images, header and text. You may X and remove blocks that do not fit with your story. Click UPDATE to save. No need to add a banner with blog posts.
-Blog posts are published throughout the month
-One to 3 days after publish, posts are shared to social media
-By the 1st, an email blast highlighting the content that month, is disseminated to members
-Important news and announcements will continue to be published to the homepage of Emmysf.tv and email directly to members
Updated – 10/26/22