Off Camera Style Guide
Published monthly on or near the first of the month.
Members receive an EMAIL to announce when the new Off Camera is available online on the Membership page.
Past Issues are accessible on the Membership page – look on the left-hand column for link.
Editor: Kevin Wing firstname.lastname@example.org
Associate Editor: Keith Sanders
– Deadline: 20th of each month.
– Send articles and photos by email attachments to: email@example.com
– Word format document (.docx)
– Type Size: 11 pt.
– Font: Arial
– NO Paragraph Indention – blank line between paragraphs.
– Single spacing
– Word Count Limit: 750 (unless approved otherwise for longer stories)
– Associated Press Stylebook rules (www.apstylebook.com)
Additional Specifications for Story Submissions
– “Emmy” word usage: Every use of the word “Emmy” must include the registered trademark symbol ® following it. For example, Emmy® Awards. Including headlines and captions.
– “Emmy” is an adjective and should always be followed by a noun.
Correct: Emmy® Awards (describing the event, first reference)
Incorrect: The Emmy’s
– Gold & Silver Circle – italicized, Example: Gold & Silver Circle Induction Luncheon
– Off Camera – italicized. Example: Off Camera newsletter
– Chapter Reference: When referring to our Chapter in the first reference, spell out “The San Francisco/Northern California Chapter of The National Academy of Television Arts & Sciences.” (Avoid this in the first paragraph of the article if possible, since first graph is the story “teaser” in the Newsletter Index; takes up lots of space). On subsequent references in the same story, refer to the Chapter as “the Chapter.”
– Names of Individuals: Any name in a story, first and last name, mentioned in first reference must be bold. Subsequent references, refer to the person by last name only and not in bold; do not refer to a person by first name in subsequent references.
– Headline suggestion submitted with your article or contribution is appreciated. First letter of each word in the headline is usually capitalized.
– Attached in an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
– Provide caption information with submitted photograph (noted in article OK)
– Provide photo credit
– 72 dpi
Updated – 02/06/18