Off Camera Style Guide
Editor: Kevin Wing email@example.com
– Deadline: 24th of each month.
– Submit articles and photos by email attachments to: firstname.lastname@example.org
– Word format document (.docx)
– Type Size: 11 pt.
– Font: Arial
– NO Paragraph Indention – blank line between paragraphs.
– Single spacing
– Word Count Limit: 750 (unless approved otherwise for longer stories)
– Associated Press Stylebook rules (www.apstylebook.com)
Additional Specifications for Story Submissions
– “Emmy” word usage: Every use of the word “Emmy” must include the registered trademark symbol ® following it. For example, Emmy® Awards. Including headlines and captions.
– “Emmy” is an adjective and should always be followed by a noun.
Correct: Emmy® Awards (describing the event, first reference)
Incorrect: The Emmy’s
– Gold & Silver Circle – italicized
– Chapter Reference: When referring to our Chapter in first reference, spell out “The San Francisco/Northern California Chapter of The National Academy of Television Arts & Sciences”; on subsequent references in the same story, refer to the Chapter as “the Chapter”
– Names of Individuals: Any name in a story, first and last name, mentioned in first reference must be bold; subsequent references, refer to the person by last name only and not in bold; do not refer to a person by first name in subsequent references.
– Stories to be written in present tense when referring to a quote
“It’s a sunny day,” says John Smith.
– Attached in an email to: email@example.com
– Provide caption information with submitted photograph
– Provide photo credit
– 72 dpi
Updated – 09/07/17