By Steve Shlisky
Savings on fees for entering your work to earn an Emmy® statuette is one of the biggest reasons to renew your NATAS membership. Your membership must be paid through 2019 prior to completing the entry form to receive the member rate.
Membership in The National Academy of Television Arts & Sciences is not required to enter the Emmy®Awards, but you save $20 on your first entry and up to $130 on additional entries!
Emmy® Entry Fees – Each Individual Name on Entry:
Your NATAS membership gives you more than just Emmy@ entry fee discounts!
Look at all this:
- Free Headshot Photo Sessions.
- Free or Discounted Admission to networking events, seminars, workshops, product demonstrations, luncheons, and other Academy activities. emmysf.tv/events
- CINEMA CLUB – Special preview and first-run movies, FREE for you and a guest. E-blasts announcing details about attending each film are sent to Members who join the Cinema Club by sending an email to: email@example.com
- OFF CAMERA Newsletter – News and information from the San Francisco / Northern California, Reno, and Hawaii area television communities – publication announcement emailed to you directly every month. (For the latest issue, or past issues, see the left-hand column of this MEMBERSHIP page.)
- “Motion Picture, TV, and Theatre Directory” – Complimentary copy
- JOB BANK – A free service from The National Academy of Television Arts & Sciences. Job Bank
- SPECIAL BENEFITS – Change from time to time and are offered on a limited time basis; one example is free “Member Professional Headshot” Photo Sessions!
PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIP is a privilege extended to those actively engaged in television who make direct contributions to the industry such as executives, producers, performers, announcers, newscasters, technicians, writers, directors, artists, designers, photographers, and editors, among others. Active (voting) members must have been engaged in the profession of television for at least one year to be approved by the Membership Committee. Professional members work in the television community:
- At broadcast stations
- At cable and satellite companies
- As independent television producers and consultants
- In academic communications departments
- As marketing specialists
- As performers or in creative crafts positions
- As creators of video content for the web
ASSOCIATE MEMBERSHIP is offered to those who are interested in and support the advancement of television but cannot be classified in the designated professional categories.
STUDENT MEMBERSHIP is offered to those who are enrolled in accredited telecommunications courses at area colleges or universities.
LIFE MEMBERSHIP honors Chapter Presidents at the completion of their term of office.
Annual Dues (January 1 – December 31)
|San Francisco/San Jose/Sacramento||$120||$75|
|Student (no increase)||$15||$15|
Pay for two years and save 5%! Three years save 10%!!